1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally my first pip!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Islandmom511, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Islandmom511

Islandmom511 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Day 28 for my pekins and I came home from work and each of my 2 eggs had a pip! When I started talking to them I saw one of them make a second pip and it started chirping! I am BEYOND excited and hoping that all continues to go well! For my duck experts, how long do they usually take from pip to hatch. Also, am I supposed to leave them in the bator until they both hatch? How long should I leave them in before I move them to the broader? Until they are dry, right? I knwo I have read this before, but nwo that I am going through it I want to make sure I do everything right! [​IMG]

2. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    Congrats Momma!!!!

3. jb1jord

jb1jord Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    How much did your eggs rock? today is my 21st day and there is no rocking, it stopped rocking yesterday?

4. Islandmom511

Islandmom511 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Quote:MIne stopped pipping and chirping as of 12 hours ago [​IMG] They didn't rock much that I saw. I'm bumming..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by