FINALLY, My guineas eggs are here!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MTtroutwithwings, May 15, 2008.

1. MTtroutwithwings

MTtroutwithwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    I posted earlier about the eggs being on there way, well they arrived this afternoon! 12 in all in perfect shape! I'll be setting them in the bator later tonight after they've warmed up a bit.... poor DH, here we go again!!!!!! [​IMG] (he is learning patience with me and this new obsession of mine!) [​IMG]

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] I just ordered guinea eggs too. Good luck with yours. I have to look up how to hatch them..this will be my first time. I think it's 28 days, right? Funny, I think I've hatched everything but guineas. I'm so eggcited too. I hope you have a great hatch!

Jody

3. MTtroutwithwings

MTtroutwithwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    Hi Jody,

Oh good, a "partner in crime" so to speak! [​IMG]
    Yes, I believe it is 28-30 day on incubation. My first time with guinea eggs too, my third time altogether to hatch anything.
    Where from and when are you getting your eggs? Mine came from the Guinea Farm (www.guineafarm.com) I was so anxious, I ordered them clear back in Feb.! I got an assorted doz., they have a huge selection in colors.
    I set mine in the bator about 10:30 last night after letting them settle for about 7 hrs. 28-30 days is going to feel like forever! It's like waiting for Christmas morning! [​IMG]
    I told DH we would have babies just in time for Father's day! [​IMG]
    Stay in touch so we can go through this hatch together! [​IMG]

Lori

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG] My bator is supposed to come today, so my DH has a long road ahead of him!!! I've promised to compromise with electricity usage from the bator. I am going to start hanging out all of the laundry, EXCEPT for towels and jeans!

Where did you get your guinea eggs from? That's what is going in the bator next! [​IMG]

5. JohnG

JohnG Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2008
    Our guiena laid 20 eggs we just collected them the other day. We went to the feed store and bougtht a little giant incubator with the turner. It has been keeping the eggs right at 99-100 without any trouble. I noticed last nite the male guineas were paying alot of extra attention to the one female we have I hope she lays some more eggs. Good luck with yours I will post when something happens with mine, I am going to candle at around 14 days.

6. wilds of pa

wilds of pa Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi gumpsgirl , the foam bators dont use much elec at all, you wont even see it increase your bill but by a few pennies each billing cycle, however the brooderS are what eat up electric(250 watt bulbs are killerS when you got a bunch going at one time) [​IMG]

Charlie

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Lori, we definitely have to stay in touch and see these precious eggs through. Mine are coming from Kritter11 on the board. I've heard great things about her, so thought I will give the guineas a try. Very eggciting!

Edited to add - good luck with yours too John!

Jody

Last edited: May 16, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by