1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally! New baby Buns!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by silverfilly, Apr 30, 2009.

1. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    Ok After over 2 years of tring to raise meat rabbits I finaly have my first litter. I had originaly got a pair of holand lops 3 years ago and had 1 litter before I decided to get rid of them and get a more usefull meat rabbit. I looked for probably8 months and had finaly found some new zealands, bought a quad, let them grow up, and found out they were 3 bucks and 1 doe, ok at least I have a doe right? Wrong! someone let them out and found only 1 buck so back to the drawing board, Finaly found a trio of silver fox and blanc de hotots but they are still not old enough to breed so a month ago I got a pair of checkerd giants. well this morning I was finaly blessed with 8 baby bunnys! The mom is not full CG but she is huge and black and white and I wanted them for meat anyways. I got 2 solid blacks, one black/white ( black is more like a blanket) and 5 checkerd marked kits! Was going to save back one or 2 does and eat the rest but I have 3 people in line for kits so I may not be able to eat any of these.

here is mom
    [​IMG]

here is babys
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    Congratulations!

I've never seen rabbit babies that young before!

3. Peeper

Peeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2009
    Little Rock, AR
    I just got my first litter of baby bunnies on April 3rd!!! They are so adorable. I just love them![​IMG]

4. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    thanks, hopefully I will be seeing them a lot more often..lol

I call them my big fat magots..HAHAHA, they realy have no shape yet!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by