Finally, one of my young marans layed an egg!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by rosetinted, Nov 26, 2009.

1. rosetinted

rosetinted Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2009
    England
    I was beginning to think my march '09 marans were roo's disguised as pullets, until I found this today!!!...[​IMG]

Yippee!!

Think it's from my cuckoo girl, as she's the only one of the three young birds squatting [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  2. Chef

Chef Chicken Connoisseur

Dec 16, 2008
    So.Cal
    Very cool! That is always a good day when the girls start to lay! Nice looking cuckoo egg! My splash girl just layed for me the other day and it looks very similar to that egg. Good job!

Chef

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Beautiful I love Dark eggs [​IMG] Thats why I kept two Marans and two Wellsummers when I down sized to mostly just Faverolles and Ameraucana. A beautiful Egg! Good Job glad they finaly layed for you!

Henry

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Gorgeous egg! Congrats!

5. chickensRheaven

chickensRheaven Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2008
    Farmington, Maine
    I also have 3 Marans and I think only one is laying (one recently molted she was a little older) and not sure if my Black Copper Maran is laying either - as I only get one deep chocolate brown egg every couple days or so. I love the various colors I have in the box though. From the Marans to the EEs rainbow eggs! Congrats on your little treasure!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by