finally ordered my ducks.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by marvun22, Mar 11, 2013.

1. marvun22

marvun22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    North Dakota
    yesterday night, i finally ordered my ducks from metzer farms. there shipping april 8th. i decided to throw in 2 extra females in case some die on the way. my male to female ratio will be 1:3 for anyone who is concerned about that. i'm just not sure if i'll be able to wait a month until they come. and just to check indian runners wont be bullied or bully the other normal breeds will it because it is built differently, i think if something could possibly happen i could probably change my order.

2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    What it is you currently have? I would always be careful mixing extreme sizing differences with ducks, that said usually raised together i am not fully certain if they realize the differences in breeds.

I am bringing in some buffs myself late spring but my flock is Muscovy, that said buffs are a medium sized breed so only one down from my heavy weight 'scovies, i couldn't go any smaller than that however, it would be to risky since i own drakes too.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  3. marvun22

marvun22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    North Dakota
    im getting a lot of different breeds. right now i have some medium sized birds that are mallard/pekin (small/large) cross. in my new order im getting some indian runner, buff, khaki campbell, rouen, and pekin. i am not getting any pekin male because that would almost be abuse if a 10 pound pekin was mating a 4 pound khaki campbell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by