Finally ordering my new Camera

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by MichiganWoods, Apr 1, 2009.

1. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    First, this is not an A-pril F-ools joke. [​IMG]

I have to give a big shout out to Mama MichiganWoods (not on BYC). She took pity on me and my aging camera equipment and offered to help me out getting my new camera setup. Plus I'm going to be photographing my youngest cousin's wedding this fall, and also the wedding of one of my mom's friend's daughters (both whom I love dearly!).

I am placing my order within the next day or so for a Canon EOS 5D II with the L-class zoom that they've paired it up with in the "kit", a battery grip, extra battery pack and two big compact flash cards (Extreme III 16gb and Extreme IV 8gb).

WHEEE! [​IMG] The only thing I find nearly as exciting is, of course, hatching more e-ggs! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Congrats. [​IMG]:ya

3. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats! I'd love to have a camera even half as nice as that someday! You'll have to share some pics with us after you get the new camera!

4. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    Thank you both!

Oh I will be sharing pictures, most definitely! [​IMG] I plan on taking a lot of chicken pictures while I'm getting used to the controls.

I'm also scheduled to take some photographs at a high-end Girl Scout event coming up here soon. They're apparently selling tickets at $50 a pop [​IMG] for this Top Chef-esque thing. A bunch of chefs are going to compete against each other making some fine desserts using girl scout cookies. And they are serving wine. I've heard that President Ford's daughter is supposed to be there. I'll ask the GS's if I can post some photos from that here.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    That sounds pretty cool. Cant wait to see pics from your nes camera.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by