1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally our Coop is Finished

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by navychick, Aug 22, 2011.

1. navychick

navychick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Finally our Coop, "The Egg Plant" is Finished, except for sand in the run. Every year my husband builds me something for my birthday. Last year I asked for a chicken coop. He told me absolutely NOT. He must have remembered because this year he brought home a poultry catalog and told me to pick out 12 chicks. Everyone got involved and with the help of this site and all of you chicken experts we chose 3 BR, 3BO, 3 SLW & 3EE. They arrived July 7th and DH came home with his truck full of wood and a coop plan he bought on the internet. Coop construction was to begin except after seeing all of your amazing coops I hated the plan he picked. I suggested we just have fun and enjoy the process, no plan would be needed. Needless to say our coop is NOTHING like what I had invisioned. I wanted pretty he wanted function. What we ended up with is a compromise. Thank you to all of you who posted your coops. They were my inspiration!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. So Cal Chick'ns

So Cal Chick'ns Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2011
    RSM
    How absolutely incredible!! What lucky, lucky chickens!

3. Kaelinstorm

Kaelinstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    I LOVE IT!!! [​IMG] I sooooooooooooooo want one! And the name is stinkin adorable! Lucky Lucky chickens! Mine would pack their tail feathers and move out if they had internet access and saw this LOL

4. hudsonhousechicks

hudsonhousechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    Austin
    This is one of the sweetest coops I've ever seen. It's so happy and sweet. I love the "Welcome Home" sign. Beautiful. Lucky you and lucky chicks!

5. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Looks great!

Love the Colors

6. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Love the name, love the color, love all the personal touches!! Especially love the windows all the way around. Yes..lucky chickens!!

7. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow. love it, how creative. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Real McChicks

Real McChicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2011
    California
    I'm in awe...... Wow![​IMG]

9. roni0907

roni0907 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    SF Bay/ Delta Area in CA
    That is a BEAUTIFUL coop!!!!! I Love it!

10. MassivelyScrambled

MassivelyScrambled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2011
    Northern California
    That's nicer than our house! LOL [​IMG] Great job...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by