Finally our Silkie is here!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BoerneChickens, May 26, 2010.

1. BoerneChickens

BoerneChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    So excited for my new little additions today! We had a few that didn't survive shipping, but luckily one of the two Silkies made it and so did the Barred Plymouth Rock that my son wanted so badly.

Going to try to post the pics - hopefully I did this right....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Love love love the little peepers![​IMG]

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I LOVE the white silkie chick!!! Cuteness over load here! lol Where'd ya get 'em from? MPC?

3. BoerneChickens

BoerneChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    yes - we ordered them from mpc. Three EEs, two Silkies and one BPR - one EE and one Silkie were DOA [​IMG] they were sort of squashed flat in the box. This is our second order from them and the other order had no casualties so I was really suprsed today when there were two that didn't make it. I love the Silkie - my daugher is still working on options for names but she is leaning toward Fluffers, Marshmallow or Lilly [​IMG]

I was worried when I got home from work because the darn brooder light was out (this is our second one and they all seem to short out within a day or so) and the chicks were all huddled in a corner. Luckily during the day I don't have the air conditioner on very high and I have a backup that I ran to get as soon as I got home. Once I hung it up the babies all seemed to warm up again and are fine. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by