finally pics and video I just took today.....which is a roo? bulls eye

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by arabianequine, Sep 21, 2010.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    If i have this in a egg I cracked open then there is a rooster in my hen house....I use to have roosters in there but it has been at least 2-3 months since they were kicked out.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  2. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    Sounds like you have a rooster masquerading as a hen. Good luck finding the impostor.

3. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    Thats what I am thinking. I need help....you guys wanna help? I will take pics of each is my part k.....[​IMG]

4. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    Tee Hee,

It will be interesting for folk to tell you if there is a secret stud.

But are you sure that they are bull's eyes and not just areas where the albumin attaches etc.? If they are true bull's eyes I am sure that you will get good money for such a silent, stealthy and well-behaved roo.

Sandie

5. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
  6. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Arabianequine, maybe it's just me but I don't see any obvious roos... [​IMG] Are the red ones RIRs? Do you hear any crowing? See any mating going on? They all look like girls to me... and they're all 2 years old? [​IMG]

7. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    I don't and never really did see mating even when I had roos that I knew where in there. I don't hear crowing. Yes they are RIR's. Really weird though I can't tell either. Yes they are all over 2 years old.

8. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    yeah thats all hens i dont see anything that looks like a roo and i was the first to spot one of our three roosters when they were still under a year old

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  9. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    What about the buff? I am almost positive its a hen that is why I keep her. She was suppose to be a boy though. I ordered all boys and she was in there? When I had 2 buff orp boys they beat the heck out of her and the ee not their feathers are all grown in on their backs which I am glad.

It is very strange but one is a boy has to be to have bulls eyes.

10. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:The buff looked like a hen to me too, as did the other one (an EE?).

Maybe what you think is a bull's eye isn't really a bull's eye at all... all egg yolks, whether fertilized or not, have white specks on them, ya know. Check this out... http://animalsinthecity2.webs.com/whativelearned.htm

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by