Finally PICS....Cute LIL Fuzzy Butts

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CoopCrazy, Mar 6, 2009.

1. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Well when i get off work today I will be getting my first chicks in over four years. Yay for me. I am going to the Orchelins in Shelbyville. They just got a new shipment in today. Any suggestions on good layers. And also wondering what some cool banties are. I am going to try to get my 7 yr old son to show them in 4-H. I loved it as a kid and think he will too. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. New chicks today.[​IMG] Got i can't wait til 4.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  2. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    We enjoyed our first experience with chickens last year when we bought 5 australorps. They have been great easy keepers and great layers. This year we bought buff orpingtons and ameracaunas. The chicks seem even more friendly than the australorps and settle quickly when held. Congrats on starting up your new flock!!! Please post pictures of your little ones when you get them, I'd love to see what they look like! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. CTChickenMom

CTChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    SE Connecticut
    Australorps are supposed to average 260 eggs per year. Red/Black stars are heavy layers too. I'm pretty sure RI Reds are great layers too. I have 2 each of Cochin, Australorps, Wyandottes, Brahmas, Araucana, and Hamburgs coming the first week of April plus a mystery chick that is likely to be a roo. I found averages for eggs per year on each breed and should end up with over 2000 yearly.

I'm already picking the next batch for a May delivery. www.mypetchicken.com sells sexed Marans' and bantams. I'm think of a couple Marans', a Buckeye or two, Lakenvelders, and a Silver Seabright.

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Well got my chicks yesterday. I ended up with 2 Barred Rocks, 2 RIR and 2 Mystery BAntams. "That hopefully someone on here will know what they are". It's was so nice to wake up to lil peeps this morning. They all seem to be doing good, temp is staying right at 100. Everybodies eating drinking walking and pooping. Will have pics to folllow.

5. wings

wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!?!?!?!?!?!?!? [​IMG]

6. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Will have them up tonight. I have to work til 3 then finish my coop for my EE's im getting today ,then pick them up. I should have coop pics up then too. I hate that im at work. I am driving my sister nuts making her check on them. I call every couple hours. [​IMG]

7. wings

wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Quote:I'll be watching for those pictures... [​IMG]

8. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congratulations!!! Where's the pics? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. PamsPride

PamsPride Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    OHIO
    [​IMG] Congrats!! Where are the pics??

10. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    You all are pic crazy:D I will have then on here tonight I promise. New coop pics too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by