Finally...Pics of my Black East Indies

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 1lpoock, Sep 10, 2009.

1. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    I am very happy with my new pair...they are just beautiful...today was picture day and the sun was gleaming just right [​IMG]

My Drake

[​IMG]

The Pair

[​IMG]

Trying to Fly

[​IMG]

Too bad your wings are clipped [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Gorgeous!

3. 1lpoock

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Thanks...i know we both share a liking towards the black ducks...i'm trying to convince my dad to put an order in with Holderreads for black runners, grey runners, dewlap african, and maybe sebastropols. I really hope he gives in.
    Rainplace i know that you have ordered from Holderreads before...if i put an order in in the next few weeks do you have any idea when the earliest is i could get ducklings and geese, i e-mailed him, but he hasnt answered back.

4. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    Beautiful!!! [​IMG]

5. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Quote:They are Beautiful!! Are they really that green or was the light just right?? Where did you get them?/

6. LoreenH

LoreenH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Oregon
    They are absolutely beautiful!! My DH is very happy we live in the city so I am limited on how many I can have.

7. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    They are gorgeous!
    I am Holderread's list for either a pair of runners or East Indies - they said they are sold out of runners for now, (these are adults for this fall shipping) so if they dont' get a cancellation I'll get the East Indies as a substitute (really hoping for runners as I have 2 1/2 runner girls & would like the 'real thing') I've already paid for mine & have an order #.

It took them a couple weeks to get back to me when I emailed them and I've been on the 'ship list' for about a month now. They start shipping in October.

For their geese I know the list is long--you better order now if you want to be on next spring's list for the young ones.

8. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    Wow! These are really nice.

9. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:Don't forget to mail your deposit. I've had bad luck with emailing. I usually call after 11am pst. Usually Millie or Dave will answer the phone. Ducklings won't be shipped till spring, same with goslings. Their breeding season is over for the year. If you're looking for adults they start shipping them as soon as the weather cools down consistently.

10. 1lpoock

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Thanks everyone....yeah the BEI's were making me mad...you have to get the picture at the exact second they turn the right way and the light strikes them. I just wish sunlight was hitting them from all angles...and yes, they are that green at times.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by