Finally Signed Up!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bama_chickma, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Bama_chickma

Bama_chickma In the Brooder

Dec 27, 2018
    Hey yall! Heather hailing from Alabama here! Just wanted to take the time to introduce myself.
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? No, I've been taking care of my mother in laws chickens since July of 2016
    (2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have a little over 70 chickens. Yes. 70.
    (3) What breeds do you have? All different kinds.
    (4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? You'd never know how loyal these birds are and of course...free eggs.
    (5) What are some of your other hobbies? I'm a cook, momma to two girls and an artist.
    (6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I own and run a landscaping business, we live in a combined household. Myself. My hubs, and my two girls. Our family friend lives in a tiny home out back. We have 4 dogs, 4 cats, 8 fish tanks, 10 rabbits, 8 goats and a mini pig along with our 70+ chickens. On a 4.5 acre homestead.
    (7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I found you guys online thru googling for chicken info, this site has been a goldmine of information ranging from one end of the spectrum to the other so I finally decided to join.

2. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Howdy! :frow Welcome to our FUNomenal community! Best wishes and have lots of fun with your super large flock! :ya

Pork Pie, N F C, Melky and 11 others like this.
  3. HuffleClaw

HuffleClaw Addicted to Birds

Jul 8, 2018
    Alabama
    Hey there fellow Alabamian! Nice to meet you, glad you could join! :welcome

Pork Pie, N F C, Melky and 10 others like this.
  4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    :welcome :frow Glad you could join us. Good luck and have fun...

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Glad that you have decided to become an active part of our community.

Bama_chickma, Pork Pie, N F C and 9 others like this.
  6. JedJackson

JedJackson Crossing the Road

Jul 6, 2016
    NW Washington state
    Welcome to BYC, and congrats on signing up and making it official. BYC is a lot of fun and a great resource, but with 70 chickens in your care, I have no doubt that you could teach us all a thing or two as well. Happy holidays, and I look forward to seeing you in the forums.

7. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello Heather and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
    Sounds like you have a wonderful life there with your extended family and all your animals.

8. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, CA
    My Coop
    awesopme.jpg

It sounds like you have a very nice place!

chicken math.jpg

9. feathermaid

feathermaid Egg Obsessed

Feb 5, 2018
    Northwest Oregon
    My Coop
    BYC-about-time.png

Your homestead sounds pretty awesome... my husband and I are hoping to acquire our own someday. Glad you joined! Always nice to have new members share their knowledge and experiences... welcome to the group!!

10. MissChick@dee

[email protected] ~ Dreaming Of Springtime ~

Aug 18, 2017
    Caliente Nevada
    Hiya :frow
    Nice to meet you!
    :welcome

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: