1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finally!!!! Silkies, Polish and bantam BO came in :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by flnatv, May 6, 2011.

1. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    Just wanted to show off my new babies... after 2 days of worrying all the babies came in safe and sound.
    Since chicken math plays a big factor... I am hoping I can get some barred rocks before they are old enough to count that I have chickens [​IMG]

They were absolutely exhausted!!!!
    [​IMG]

Golden Laced Polish
    [​IMG]

White Silkie
    [​IMG]

And... last but not least our almost 2 week old Partridge Rock and New Hampshire not being able to stand it and flying up to take a look (now it is time for a top cover)
    [​IMG]

2. andielok

andielok New Egg

Apr 23, 2011
    Aww! They are so cute! We have some 6 week old silkies and two week old Cochins. The silkies are so freaky looking right now with half fuzz and half feather! I would get them a mirror but they would be scared!! They are so fun! Enjoy! [​IMG]

3. flnatv

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    Quote:LOL... You have to have an ugly side to finally get to the beauty [​IMG]
    I will say... I am loving the little polish personalities already... they just look up at you and peep.... makes my heart melt. [​IMG]

I teach school.... and had a field study today [​IMG] so I didn't get to spend time with the during the day.... but a fellow teacher is hatching eggs for her students (special ed) and they got to babysit today... when I got back they all fussed at me and asked if they could stay until the end of the day. I was advised to count my chicks before I left for the day as some could have been sneaked out... LOL...

Got all 18 of them home.... [​IMG]

4. Jane Jill Jack

Jane Jill Jack Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2010
    Awwww. [​IMG] Mine are already 3 weeks old, and don't look so cute anymore.

Have Fun!

5. mycutekitties

mycutekitties Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2009
    Modesto, California
    cute!

6. kaylove

kaylove Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    so cute! they came in? what do you mean, did you order them??

7. flnatv

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    Purchased them through Cackle... ordered 5 of each and they sent 6 of each.

Sadly, we lost one polish [​IMG] Don't know why, but everyone else seems to be doing fine [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by