Finally...spring!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

It seems nice to finally have some warm, sunshine weather after a very long winter here, got the potatoes and onions in the garden, mowed the lawn a couple of times and the girls like to be able to get out and enjoy the weather as well.

[​IMG]

Hope everyone else is out enjoying the nice weather wherever you are!

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I don't want to make anyone jealous or anything, but it is about 75 degrees here with a nice breeze.

I love spring and fall here, but come summer time I want to move!

3. runamuck

runamuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Northern michigan
    SPRING ?????? WHERE???? SURE not where I am at here in Northern michigan 45 in the day time and freezing at night "sigh' it has to warm up sometimes "right?"
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    ..It snowed this morning -_-

5. morelcabin

morelcabin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    snowed here this morning too and expecting snow tonite. Only 35 here right now and North wind brrrrrrrr.
    Doesn't feel like spring to me:>) And I have baby chicks coming next Wednesday
    I am envious of those of you with the warm temps

6. bamadominaker

bamadominaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    Honoraville, Alabama
    [​IMG] It's 82 degrees here. I want snow!!!!! But my chicks may not. Has been cool in the morning but warmed up by lunch time. I love the long days though. I have more time to spend with my chicks after work.

7. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    I loved the sunshine today in MI!!![​IMG] My chicks loved being outside in the sunshine!

8. Steve

Quote:Yeah, I don't do well in the heat....so I understand what you said.

9. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Hey Steve, did you get frost last night??? We did. Well, ok, it warmed up to almost 60 today and it was sunny. Sure glad we didn't get the rain/snow mix they've been telling us we're suppose to have. Your chicks look so happy. Isn't it cool to watch them. just love seeing them out free ranging.

10. Steve

Quote:Yeah we sure did Chick, little on the cool side but turned out to be a nice day. Farmers are busy getting their crops planted, I always enjoy this time of year without the mud.

Snowgoose cherry, bradford pear trees are all flowered out as well as the shrubs (can't rememberr the names) some of the perennials have also bloomed.

After a long hard winter it sure makes a person glad to see it all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by