FINALLY, the day of jubulation has arrived!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Sore Thumb Suburbanite, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Sore Thumb Suburbanite

Sore Thumb Suburbanite Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    orange county
    this is my first time raising birds ever, let alone messy ducks, now 19 weeks into the process, I finally got my very first egg, followed by another the next day and another the day after, nothing the fourth day and a super small wannabe egg the 5th day (today). I'm thrilled and can't wait for more!

I suspect its my fawn and white runner doing the laying based on the size of the eggs... and the early laying start at 18 1/2 weeks! I think my hybrids will take another few weeks.

the great thing about finding the eggs was that they were right where they were supposed to be...in the middle of the golf balls I have been shoving in their bedding since 14 weeks (I was excited, ok?).

so here are the first eggs in order of appearance with one x large chicken egg above for size comparison. I don't know what is up with the last egg.

[​IMG]

2. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    Sooo fun! Are you going to eat them?

3. Sore Thumb Suburbanite

Apr 26, 2011
    orange county
    thats the idea, but so far I'm hesitant, i want to bake with them first. I have a funny stigma about eating their eggs for some reason, like they aren't going to taste good, we'll see.

4. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    I have a problem with that, too. I haven't found any eggs yet to eat, but I wonder if I will.

5. Sore Thumb Suburbanite

Apr 26, 2011
    orange county
    I have this image that they will be really stiff and unpleasent, I am going to go address this fear and cook one to see, will do it after I clean my kitchen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by