FINally!!!! The drought is over.

Yey! Happy for you!

I have 3 girls and live in western Washington State. The girls are a little over 1.5 years old. No eggs since Nov!

Were there signs you noticed in them when yours just started laying again. 2 of my girls shrunken combs are getting redder again. Hoping that's a sign?

Last edited:
Congrats - one of my girls also started up earlier this month, much to my surprise. 2 small eggs every 3 days isn't a lot to get excited about, but it's enough that I won't have to buy eggs this winter at all if she can keep that up.

50% are now laying! haha The advantage of different breeds in a small flock is you have more certainty who is laying without checking their vents.

The Blue sapphire - gave a beautiful blue egg this morning, and I think the BO laid a light beige. I am wondering if the BA with a darker brown wasn't my first.

I know Mrs. Feathers isn't laying yet, but she is older, and I would recognize her egg. So the leghorn is still waiting - she did lay a short while in September- October.

this is so fun!

Mrs K

Attachments

• 14658EED-06DF-44CD-A65F-FC89CFB9AC2E.jpeg
    14658EED-06DF-44CD-A65F-FC89CFB9AC2E.jpeg
    456.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I'm getting very few egg still, and most are from our two and three year old French Marans hens. The EE bantams have started to produce (one of them anyway). The EE standard hens, and almost everyone else, waiting for more light.
Mary

Back
Top Bottom