FINALLY! The Finished Product:Coop and Run......Its all Done.

CT_Todd

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 5, 2010
Hebron, CT
Well after multiple multiple weekends finishing with a Labor Day of cleaning up all the scrap..the Coop and run are complete! I hope you enjoy, we all worked hard on it..The finishing touch was hanging the names the girls made..

64845_finalproduct1.jpg

64845_finalproduct2.jpg

64845_finalproduct3.jpg

64845_finalproduct4.jpg

64845_finalproduct7.jpg

64845_finalproduct5.jpg

64845_sandbox.jpg

64845_finalproduct6.jpg

64845_coop_inside.jpg

64845_view.jpg

Nice work, congratulations! The girls look like they're enjoying it (say goodbye to the grass by week's end!).
Love the artwork!

Very nice!
I have a very similar setup. Anyone have ideas to help the grass stick around? My husband jokes we're going to have to start letting the girls out in shifts.
We have 4 LF & 8 1/2 bantams in a 24 foot X 24 foot run. Thinking about sectioning off a little area for the winter and reseeding the rest. What do you guys do?
52396_dsc00924.jpg

Very nice open design. I love the names boards-a very nice personal touch.

Anyone have ideas to help the grass stick around?

Yeah.... The grass....forget it! There is no way to keep it! Dont even bother. Cute coop though.

very nicely done.
do the chicken have shade out in the pen area?
I am not sure if you have netting over your pen. in the winter will the snow /ice load break it.
i notice you put a perch for them in pen. they may try to fly out.
i like the human door into the coop if u want to do a deep litter method it would be easy to put a 2x6 borad over the doorway and u would have to step over it.

also u might want to build wire door to protect your food bin area, so racoons or bobcats or coyettes wont get into the food area.
laura

Back
Top Bottom