FINALLY!!! They're here!

Im4dabirds

Songster
10 Years
Mar 31, 2009
Central Alabama
Got my chicks this morning and everyone looks good. A couple were a little cold and weak but I've given them all electrolytes in their water and put them under a heat lamp and they all seem to be perking up ok. Got a call from my local PO at 6:15 am and went to pick them up. They came into Birmingham yesterday at 6:37 am! The local guy called them to check on the delivery and found out they were in Birmingham. We (me and the local PO guy) looked for them all day but nobody seemed to know exactly where they were. I thought sure they would all be dead or greatly distressed. When I got there this morning I could hear them peeping before I even got all the way inside! They helped me open up the box and give them all a drink before I brought them home. They are adorable! I am soooo relieved! I know better than to worry about what I can't control, but sheesh! They're just babies!

thumbsup.gif
Good deal they are O.K. Wheres the pics?

Here are some pics. I ordered 10 and got 12. They are soooo cute! Even my DH thinks so. LOL

26631_dsc08263_small.jpg

26631_dsc08267_small.jpg

26631_dsc08271_small.jpg

He/she already looks like the ringleader.
26631_dsc08273_small.jpg

26631_dsc08275_small.jpg

26631_dsc08277_small.jpg

cute little fuzzy butt
26631_dsc08279_small.jpg

Congrats!!! Im4dabirds.

Just a little while ago, you were an anxious, expectant "mama" and now you're
celebrate.gif

Have fun and enjoy. Love the pics!

ETA: What breed and how many?

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks! You're right, yesterday I was beside myself. They are red sussex and there are 12 of them. I also want some Barnevelder but have to see if I have enough room first. Might have to expand! Imagine that.

Quote:
Thanks! You're right, yesterday I was beside myself. They are red sussex and there are 12 of them. I also want some Barnevelder but have to see if I have enough room first. Might have to expand! Imagine that.

Hubby thinks they are cute to. Use that to your advantage to go ahead and start expanding your coop{s}. Your biddies are just precious. Welcome to the world of addiction. The extra ones they sent are called packing peanuts. All this is for is extra warmth for there trip.

SOOOOO When ya ordering your next batch?
gig.gif
I know, to be truly addicted you got to invest in a bator and get into the full addiction experience.
gig.gif

On the he/she comment in your post we usually say SHE until proven otherwise. lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom