FINALLY!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by momoftwinsinwi, Oct 14, 2007.

1. momoftwinsinwi

momoftwinsinwi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Rochester, WI
    Received my first 2 eggs on Friday!! I think it's just one hen that is laying because I got one more egg on Saturday. Two of them weren't much bigger than a golf ball and one of them was a little longer, more so than larger, but we just used them to make some cupcakes and the longer egg was a double yoker!!! They were the smallest little yolks I've ever seen!! LOL!! On Saturday, my stepdaugter (6 yrs) and I went out to the coop to "check for eggs" and the hen was in her nest and never even peeped at us as we filled the feeder. So I told Geneva, we'll wait a little while, maybe she's laying her egg and sure enough when we went back out about 15 min later, she had left us our 3rd present!! Geneva was soooo excited, so now she's been checking the nests about every hour!! ha ha!! We let them out to free range for a bit yesterday afternoon and Geneva saw the rooster "jump on one of the hens" Geneva was yelling at him, not to be so mean and jump on that girl!!! Had a great chicken weekend, now if it would clear up a bit, been rainy and cold all day today!

2. Wolfpacker

Wolfpacker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2007
    Raleigh
    That's great! [​IMG]

How old are they? What kind?

I've got 21 week old (today) Doms who are NOT pulling their weight around here, if ya know what I mean! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  3. momoftwinsinwi

momoftwinsinwi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    Rochester, WI
    They were 19 wks last Tues, I have CA Whites and Production Reds. Was funny cuz I would go into the run with treats and start telling them, I was done with the treats for "you bunch of freeloaders" I want some da*&^ eggs!!! LOL!!!

4. Yankeechick

Yankeechick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 25, 2007
    Connecticut
    Congratulations!!! I know just how you feel - I got my first egg last week!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by