Finally!

Jetski91

In the Brooder
Aug 18, 2022
Finally got a successful hatch of shipped ayam cemani eggs and decided to make a video to share it for you all.

I've had 3 hatch so far out the 5 I put into lock down.
Has your experience been good buying these eggs on eBay? I have another set of 18 I just put into lock down today.

Ebay eggs are not all equal and can not be grouped as such.
Every seller is different and it depends on who exactly you buy from.

I bought some from EBay over the summer, and none of them hatched ☹️ I ended up lucking out and inherited a small flock from a local breeder, they are all from Greenfire and Raven bloodlines and are beautiful. One hen went broody and hatched 4, I hatched one in the incubator after she walked away from them. She is the runt, but a beauty 🖤

Attachments

• 8445618F-BFBE-4253-85A1-5FC16B26709D.jpeg
    8445618F-BFBE-4253-85A1-5FC16B26709D.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 4
I bought some from EBay over the summer, and none of them hatched ☹️ I ended up lucking out and inherited a small flock from a local breeder, they are all from Greenfire and Raven bloodlines and are beautiful. One hen went broody and hatched 4, I hatched one in the incubator after she walked away from them. She is the runt, but a beauty 🖤
Yea I tried 3 breeders from eBay. I hatched 19 in total. 2 of them were definitely not ayam cemani. And we're mixed with something else. Awesome you got some!

So cute !!!!!

We had 12 eggs off eBay the first lot had 4 chicks and the rest died or weren't viable, the second lot of 12 we had again four hatch successfully ...postal eggs i feel aren't reliable at times

We had 12 eggs off eBay the first lot had 4 chicks and the rest died or weren't viable, the second lot of 12 we had again four hatch successfully ...postal eggs i feel aren't reliable at times
It's because they are handled by machines in the sorting facility. They go through the same shaking and tumbling there that everything else goes through

It's because they are handled by machines in the sorting facility. They go through the same shaking and tumbling there that everything else goes through
I'd also like to add the packaging is definitely part of ensuring the shipped eggs hatch with a higher success rate. Of the the shoppers I tested two used the same method for shipping. 1 order of 15 eggs several arrived broken, none hatched. The other order 3 eggs were broken, and 3 hat he'd of 15. The next order they did an awesome job with packaging. (I still think there might be one better way which is styrofoam) of that hatch 22 eggs came. 19 hatched.

all the eggs were very well packaged and arrived un broken, left to settle for 24 hours both lots too.... still we have some lovely chicks and definitely 1 boy to three girls outside and the brooder ones look like four girls too

Back
Top Bottom