Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mmtillman, Aug 9, 2009.

1. [​IMG] [​IMG] Something just told me to go check the nesting boxes today..sure enough..there sat one of my Buff OP's...proud as you please!! A while later I returned to check and she was gone.....leaving me a beautiful brown egg!! MY First!! [​IMG]
    Just recently I posted that I was afraid that my hens would never notice them boxes and use them!! Just a little patience.....and Now I can plan my egg selling biz~ [​IMG]

2. SushiLove

SushiLove In the Brooder

May 17, 2009
    South Jersey
    [​IMG]
    Congrats!!

3. Gwen

Gwen Songster

Jun 18, 2009
    Langley, Washington
    How old was she? Very eggciting!

4. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Quote:The first egg - makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it.

5. Yes...it does....I cant tell you all how proud of that egg I am ! You would have thought I layed it myself!! LOL [​IMG]
    Now I have a new diminsion to my chickens to look forward to each day !! [​IMG]
    She ...the Buff OP that laid the egg...is about 17 weeks old...they are all 25 the same age ...hatched out April 1. So if she is laying ..then surely I have lots of the other hens ready in the near future?
    I left the egg in the nest for now to encourage the others....was that ok?? I marked it so I wont accidently eat it ....[​IMG] It will be the prototype...[​IMG]
    Anyway...gotta go put my wonderful girls to bed.....Cya all !! [​IMG]

6. Kelso

Kelso Songster

Aug 6, 2009
    Congrats

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: