Finally!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenlittlesmomma, Nov 17, 2009.

1. chickenlittlesmomma

chickenlittlesmomma New Egg

May 11, 2009
    I know I have only posted a couple times but I read here ALL the time lol. I just wanted to share....

I FINALLY GOT AN EGG!!!!!!!!! It was just sitting there, on the ground of the coop. I was so excited I called people lol. Yep, felt like a big ole dork but it was awesome. I can't wait til tomorrow to go out again on the egg hunt lol. Wahooooo one egg lol.

2. Shannon's Chix

Shannon's Chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    N.E. Florida
    [​IMG]

3. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    [​IMG] and congrats on your egg. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. chickenlittlesmomma

May 11, 2009
    Yep...that's pretty much what I looked like (scared the heck outta the chickens) LOL

5. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Quote:You have come to the right place. We all understand. You are not a dork.

6. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quote:You have come to the right place. We all understand. You are not a dork.

Or...being surrounded by all of us other dorks, you're at least in good company...lol [​IMG] Congratulations to you and your girl on that first egg!! Hopefully the next one will be in the nest!

7. chickenlittlesmomma

May 11, 2009
    My hubby is out of town (they are actually his chickens...that he begged for...for 10 years that I now take care of...go figure lol) so I texted him a pic of the egg before I ate it (hehe). He called me and said "that's one sad little egg" "yep and it was GOOD" lol

8. rhoda_bruce

rhoda_bruce Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Cut Off, LA
    I know how that feels. Congrats. Now go mark your calendar. Soon ( but not soon enough ) you will be getting enough eggs to take care of your needs. I think I had to buy eggs 3 times after my first hens started laying, but now I am finally okay on my own. Its hard being patient for that first egg.

9. PlymouthRocker

PlymouthRocker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Plymouth County MA
    It's a great feeling and I'm so happy you are a dork with the rest of us. [​IMG]

10. mxpres

mxpres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Lenoir,NC
    Everyone should blow out their first egg,date it and you will have it to look back on and wonder,,,Why in the world did I get so excited over one little egg?,I like to refer to the first egg as the (golden egg) because it is a real treasure and the most expensive egg you will ever get.but ain't it fun?? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by