Finally!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mkearsley, May 16, 2011.

1. mkearsley

mkearsley Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    South-west Idaho
    After having her for almost a full year, my little white cochin (who I bought as a 10-12 mo old) finally gave me her first egg! [​IMG] She's normally so quiet, so when I heard her clucking & making all kinds of noise, I went out to make sure she was OK. She was just announcing her egg for me [​IMG] Now, I'm getting 4 eggs from my 4 chickens. I'll post a picture of all 4 when I have a chance. She laid a nice little light-brown egg. It goes well with the other shades of brown from my other girls.

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    [​IMG]

~Aspen

3. mkearsley

Jul 19, 2010
    South-west Idaho
    [​IMG]

The eggs are (clock-wise upper left) Black Sexlink, Silver-laced Wydonnette, Polish, and Cochin. [​IMG]

4. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Awww [​IMG] [​IMG]

Very pretty eggs

5. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    [​IMG] Congratulations! Are you planning to hatch any of her eggs in the future?May i see pictures of your lucky hens? Thats so exciting, I have a few 3-5 week old pullets so im nowhere near eggs. Lucky you!

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  6. mkearsley

Jul 19, 2010
    South-west Idaho
    Here's Bo, she's a silver-laced wydonnette: I got Bo as a baby last spring, so she's about a year old.
    [​IMG]
    This is Curly, the White Cochin, and Pouff, the White-Crested Polish: Both of these were bought as hens last year, so they're roughly 2 years old.
    [​IMG]
    This one is Sexy, a Black Sex-Link: I got her and Bo at the same time, same age.
    [​IMG]

7. mkearsley

Jul 19, 2010
    South-west Idaho
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG] No, I'm not allowed roosters in town, so no babies for these girls [​IMG] What kind of pullets did you get? My black-sex link started laying eggs when she was 7-8 months old.

8. ChickInDelight

ChickInDelight Never an Empty Nest

Apr 27, 2011
    Browntown, VA
    Oh great. Now I must have a sliver lace and white crested. They are gorgeous! [​IMG]

9. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    well, im not esactly sure which ones are cocks, although i have a pretty good idea. i have 2 red sex link pullets, 1 black sex link pullet, a cockerel that looks like a black sex link pullet (im not sure what breed) and a speckled sussex that i think is a cock.
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG] No, I'm not allowed roosters in town, so no babies for these girls [​IMG] What kind of pullets did you get? My black-sex link started laying eggs when she was 7-8 months old.

10. mkearsley

Jul 19, 2010
    South-west Idaho
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG] The husband HAD to have "the one with the cottonball on it's head" [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by