finally

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ole rooster, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    I know everbody has just been besides themselves wonder how my chickens are doing. Yesterday the last BO finally started laying. Now all seven are giving me eggs. But from what I'm reading I am very lucky that they're laying with the light situation. Yesterday I got 7 eggs. Most days I get 5. I'm a happy egg collector nowadays.[​IMG]

2. southerndesert

southerndesert B & M Chicken Ranch

Jun 17, 2011
    Morristown, AZ
    Quote:FINALLY a report, I have been on the edge of my seat on this one... [​IMG]

Seriously though that is always good to see all the girls getting it done! Congrats....

3. johnsons-r-us

johnsons-r-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Eudora, Kansas
    [​IMG]

I hope the rest of mine start....and if yours are young they should lay through the winter, correct? That's what I've been reading....that the first year of less light shouldn't have a drastic affect on egg laying.

4. Ole rooster

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    I would guess they would. I get on the average 5 eggs a day from 7 hens. Although I did get 7 in one day.

[​IMG]

5. off-grid hen

off-grid hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I got 9 yesterday! Whee! I have 14 hens. Congratulations.

6. Ole rooster

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    I don't know what I'm gonna do. I got folks starting to want eggs and I just don't have um.

7. off-grid hen

off-grid hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Upstate NY
    You have 7 hens? What breed(s)? How many eggs are people looking for? You might just have to get more chickens. [​IMG]

Since I'm sure you're also wondering about MY chickens... I got 9 eggs two days in a row!

8. Ole rooster

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    9 eggs in a day. Wow. I could be a millionaire in no time with that output.[​IMG] The best layers I have are the 2 sexlinks, the EE and the GLW. My three BO's are laying golf ball sized eggs. I thinking about 4 ISA Browns.

9. johnsons-r-us

johnsons-r-us Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Eudora, Kansas
    For the first time I have 4 eggs IN THE NESTS! I was getting 3 each day....two I had to hunt for elsewhere in the coop. Yesterday two eggs in one nest, the green egg (was always on the floor in the straw) was in another nest, and one brown egg in another...so 3 of the nests were used. [​IMG] Each day a step closer.....now the rest need to start laying [​IMG]

I think I'd fall over if I got 9 eggs in one day [​IMG]

I have been getting enough that I'm able to give away my first dozen eggs today. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by