Finally!!!

Appytaz

Songster
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Central Florida
I finally have one of my free range hens nesting in the garage where I can actually get to her eggs! I was soooo excited to find where she was nesting and was able to gather up her little nest and move it to an area I could easily get to daily. I left her one egg in there and marked it - and what do ya know - it worked!!! She laid another one in the new box. I was so excited! We have a large 2 car dettached garage that I use for storage and my horse "stuff" (feed room/tack room) and the hay is stored in there also - so we just leave the garage door up high enough for the cats to come and go from. Well Ethel found the hay and decided it was a perfect nest! Now if I can only keep the cats out of the chicken's nest! Both cats where piled up in it - with the egg under them! I can't wait to get home tonight to see if it worked a 2nd day :)

Thats cute! I hope you keep finding the eggs. What would happen if the cats hatched the eggs? Oh, maybe you dont have a rooster, though? Congrats on settling her down though!
Tina/tfpets

Yes we have a rooster! The other hen is a better hider of her eggs. She has been MIA for about a week when I finally found out where she was staying. I have decided to just let her hatch hers this time and give the chicks away. Then hopefully we can get her nesting with Ethel. (and the cats)

Would love to see a picture of the cats in the nest....sooooo cute! If you can post us a picture.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom