FINALY, its's raining !!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Guinea Goonie, Jul 11, 2010.

1. After a horrid few months of dry and brown pastures, it is raining. The birds have been miserable and the bugs and worms went into hiding.

This day, the hay guys were rolling hay and the rain came. The Guineas and the Chickens are in grasshopper heaven and the worms are back.

We have been feed them watermelon every so often, but there is no replacement for the rain.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Keene's coop

Keene's coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    you should move to wisconsin. we get every 2-3 days. i'm TIRED of rain

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Send us your rain. We've had nothing since February... a few little sprinkles on June 30 and some on July 9th and that's it. VERY Dry, Very dusty... typical summer in Phoenix, but we would really love to get some monsoon action.

4. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Overrun With Chickens

Jun 19, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Haha, RAIN what's that?

5. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    It is a welcome relief for sure. Of course now I will probably have to pay the mower guy again in a week or so. It's nice to see I have a neighbor real close by.

6. Keene's coop

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    I WOULD LOVE TO SEND YOU ALL RAIN. I'LL WISH FOR IT TONIGHT BEFORE I GO TO BED. I HAVE NOT HAD TO WATER MY VEGGIE GARDEN FOR AWHILE NOW. SAVES US MONEY, BUT SICK OF BEING STUCK INSIDE. I'LL MAKE MY WISH TONIGHT. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I HOPE IT WORKS

7. Keene's coop

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    i wished you guys rain last night. did you get it? we are getting more storms this afternoon. [​IMG]

8. Tomhusker

Tomhusker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    Hamburg, Iowa
    We were getting a pretty steady dose of it when I went to bed. It is partly cloudy now and the sun looks beautiful when it peaks through the clouds. The downpours last night were heavy at times. I don't have a rain gauge, but a feed bowl I left on my back deck had a couple of inches of rain water in it this morning. May be more on the way later today.

9. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    You sound like us! Here in Ohio, it was sooo dry. Everything was starting to get brown, but we've got rain today, and I am SO GLAD. It's been in the high 80s and 90s ALOT here. I've also given my hens watermelon, cantalope, and alot of cucumber to help them cope with the heat. Lots of fresh, cold water too, but that goes without saying.

YAY FOR RAIN! [​IMG]

10. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Man, come take some rain away from us! It's rained for the past 3 weeks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by