Finch got by cat

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by nat1710, Feb 18, 2017.

1. nat1710

nat1710 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2017
    One of my finches got out when I was changing the food and the cat got it. He only had her for a minute at the most as my husband got her out of his mouth.

No blood just a few feathers lost. She appeared to be playing dead and then when I put her on a bed we made in the cage she jumped up and flew to her perch with her mate. She isn't moving much but is cuddling up to her mate. This was around an hour ago. Do u think if she was to die of shock it would have happened by now?

She is called Lilly and is my daughters pet I would feel awful if something happened to her

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    She'll probably be OK if no puncture wounds.
    I caught a mink with a cockerel by the throat midday and stomped on its chest. It let go of the cockerel to bite my boot. I was sure the cockerel was dead since it hadn't moved for some time. While I dealt with the mink, the cockerel got up and ran away. Still fine to this day.

3. nat1710

nat1710 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 28, 2017
    Thanks, she looks quite alert now. It's night time here so the cage is covered I guess we will see in the morning

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by