FINCHES - HOW MUCH DO THEY COST? IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?

peepsnbunnies

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 31, 2007
Central Florida
They owner of the pet store where I shop was trying to convince me to buy a cage full of assorted finches. He said he would give me the finches and the cage for $100.00. I have not had finches in 20+ years and don't know what finches cost these days. I have seen some members posting about their finches, so I was wondering if you guys can tell me if it is a good deal or not.

There are: 8 Zebra finches, 1 Society finch 1 pair of Strawberry finches, and 1 Cordonbleu finch(sp?)

Lisa:)

You could get them from a breeder for much cheeper society finches and zebra finches sell at breeders for around 5$ unless they are fancy colors the codonblue is a good deal and I guess the strawberry finch is to. Is that cage large enough for all of them to live in comfortably? I used to breed gouldians, societies, zebras, parrot finches, owl finches, diamond doves, and button quail.

Thanks,
Henry

Actually, that's a very good deal for the finches, especially considering the average selling price of the Cordon Bleu and Strawberry Finches. Look them up. I would buy them if I were you.
wink.png

At the last few bird fairs I have been to, zebra finches were selling for $8 each and society finches for $5-$8 each. I'm not sure of the price range for cordon bleus or strawberries now, but I know cordons were at one time quite expensive. With the cage, it sounds like a very good deal to me. Just remember that zebras and societies are quite common, and it might not be as easy to find homes for the babies, and they raise a lot!

Wow i got ripped off!! When i bought my daughters fenches (spice) I paid $29 a pair without cages. I wonder how I can find a breeder. Crystal

Back
Top Bottom