Find the Lavender Guineas

riderbecky

Songster
11 Years
May 4, 2008
Ottawa Valley
Well I brought home my new chicks.
celebrate.gif
They are adorable little balls of fluff.
love.gif
SO CUTE!!
love.gif

The breeds are as follows:

15 Ameraucana, 5 Speckled Sussex, 5 Partridge Chantecler, 5 Barnevelder, 2 Blue Silkies and 2 Lavender Guineas.

Can you spot the Guineas?...they are so cool looking.

9897_dscf1884.jpg

9897_dscf1885.jpg

9897_dscf1890.jpg

I love this one. Its like she's telling me to get lost with the camera...she's trying to sleep over here.
9897_dscf1889.jpg

For all those interested these chicks were purchased from Performance Poultry in Ontario Canada.
I got these wee ones home and now have 2 barred rock hens that have decide to go broody....which is totally awesome.
clap.gif
celebrate.gif

Quote:
I think they're cute too though a bit more jumpy than the rest. I'm hoping that raising them with the chicks will make them get along with the chickens. I've heard that they can be little terrorists.

Did you breed your guineas? I have to say that I wish I could get my hands on some of your blue orps....gorgeous!!

Last edited:
No, didn't breed mine. I had two males and two females and rehomed them just before they began to lay. They were terrorists when they got close to laying age! Thanks for the compliments on my Blue Orps. I'm sure I could manage to get you some eggs soon if you have a bator. I don't ship during July till sometime in September due to the heat factor, though.

I have heard of them being BAD towards chickens, I have had no real troubles, but that may be due to me having more than just a couple guineas, so they can pick on each other. Maybe you should get more now.

The guineas were my husbands idea, therefore his problem if they become a problem. I'm hoping not but will cross that bridge when or if I ever get to it. As far as more...hopefully these two are male and female so they can make their own "more".

Cynthia - Thank you for the kind offer of eggs. Although I'd love to accept eggs from you, I don't have a bator. And after reading some of the threads here, bators scare the poop outta me.

OMG Selinagil. This is too funny.
lol.png
I was just looking at your thread. Your keets are adorable. Don't they just have such huge eyes. Sorry though I can't help you with your bantam though.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom