Finding Blue/Splash Orp Chicks?

oldbuzzard

Songster
11 Years
Oct 14, 2008
cuba, new york
I would like to get more orps. Miss Prissy's birds are so beautiful i wanted to get blue or splash, but i see they are hard to find! Sand Hill is sold out till end of august. getting to late after that for around here. anybody have any info?

Quote:
I am located in Ithaca, NY and have some beautiful Blue, Black and Splash Orpingtons. One of the reasons I got them was so those of us in the Northeast would have some a little closer to home.

I will be hatching some out in a month or so. I have a broody hen now but need to separate the BBS hens so I can collect them for a few days.

Let me know if you are interested.

great i will get in touch!
celebrate.gif

There are several people here on BYC who can send eggs and/or chicks of this variety. I usually have eggs, but at the moment, I'm having to trim bums to insure fertility, so wouldnt want to promise anyone anything.

equibling. i ve checked out your site. i dont have anyway to hatch right now. how far are you from filaree farms? thank you for telling me about your site!
smile.png

speckledhen. thanks. i am finding out that this great place to find great stock! you just have to be able to hatch. your link to the fridge/bator was cool. i have 2 in the barn. with the kids done with school and all i might try one. i was looking at miss prissy,s home made bator too. whats trim bums mean?
hu.gif

The Blue Orps are so extremely fluffy around the tush area and the roosters so large, too, that I find I have to trim the feathers around the vent area for mating contact to be made. If I dont, I sometimes lose the fertility in my Orp pen, which just happened lately since my older BLue Orp hen, who is my best one, just grew in more feathers since her molt than she ever had before.

Back
Top Bottom