Finding Eggs to Hatch

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BrianS1265, Nov 10, 2009.

1. BrianS1265

BrianS1265 New Egg

Nov 10, 2009
    Hello,

My son just got an incubator and I need to find chicken eggs in the Denver area- any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.[​IMG]

2. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Welcome! Try Craigslist or Freecycle for eggs in your area. If you want to get picky about breeds, you may have to get them through the mail. Lots of people here are selling eggs. Good luck!

3. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    We have been blessed with healthy and varied flocks of poultry on our organic based small family farm....We've shipped very successfully and it takes over an hour for me to wrap just one dozen eggs. Our shipping methods are described below in the BSA link for our Welsummer egg sale.

We presently are offering barred rock eggs, pure mahogany RIR (non-production) as well as production eggs, speckled sussex, buff orpingtons, welsummers and french black copper marans (due to their cost, I would encourage you to purchase after you learn the incubator)

Here's the feedback link:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcz6aC_klXJDTE8H01hR-RA

Please tab to the bottom of this page to see some of our more recent feedback (the postings under bargin are ours as well just a typo from the buyer)

We also have feedback in the new system.

Here are pics of our some of our birds:
    barred:
    [​IMG]

Pure mahogany:
    [​IMG]

and buffs:
    [​IMG]

Here's a link to the BSA for our welsummers which will show you their pictures as well.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=266016

I'd be glad to send mixed boxes (less than a dozen of our various kinds of birds)

Please pm me for more information

Hope this was helpful and have a blessed day

4. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Hi. I live in Calhan and work in Colorado Springs. It sounds like you may just need a few eggs to try out the bator. How many eggs are you looking for? and are you wanting pure breeds or any eggs?

5. BrianS1265

BrianS1265 New Egg

Nov 10, 2009
    Thank you for the replies. I only need 7 or 8 eggs and the breed doesn't matter. Its for a school project.

6. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Do you have a way of getting eggs in Colorado Springs? I can certainly provide you a few free eggs for your son's project. I can ship them also but would request that you pay the postage. PM me if interested.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by