1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

finding fertile hatching eggs - TX

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cornfed80, Aug 14, 2011.

1. cornfed80

cornfed80 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2011
    poynor tx
    I have recently discovered the joys of incubations. My set up isn't much but my LG is definately doing the job. My biggest problem is finding local fertile hatching eggs ( of any kind). I don't know much about online ordering and would prefer not to do it this way. I wish to support local farmers by buying eggs and chickens localy. I live about half way between tyler and palestine texas. Willing to try out any eggs i can find.

2. K8tieCat

K8tieCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Northern California
    Go to Trader Joe's and pick up a dozen fertile eggs. They are White Leghorns. If you don't have a Trader Joe's near you, find a supermarket that has fertile eggs.

3. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    You know I think it would be cool to organize a BYC hatching egg swap...wherein people from the same state post what they have and how much per dozen... [​IMG]

4. KatieBugg

KatieBugg Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    Holts Summit, MO
    BigDaddy'sGurl :

You know I think it would be cool to organize a BYC hatching egg swap...wherein people from the same state post what they have and how much per dozen... [​IMG]

That would be awesome!!​

5. cornfed80

cornfed80 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2011
    poynor tx
    Never heard of trader joe plus i always thought that supermarket eggs fertile or not would not have do tothe refridgeration in the stores.

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I could ship you some eggs, but I don't live close enough for you to pick-up.

BigDaddy'sGurl - I think that's a GREAT idea! [​IMG]

~ Aspen

7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'll gladly ship you some eggs, We have some auctions presently and of our 12 major chicken groupings, I'm hopeful we have something of interest. Pm if you have questions. Thanks and have a blessed day. Nancy

8. JohnsonHomestead

JohnsonHomestead Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2011
    Out in the sticks
    Quote:I know I can't be that far from Poyner, heard the name too many times, lol. I am about 20 minutes east of Tyler heading towards kilgore. I am hatching as many as I can at the moment to build up my laying Production Reds ,trying to build for a very productive spring 2012. Would love to chat with you about what you have going. Might be able to put our heads and eggs together and get chicken crazy together.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by