Finding stores that sell baby chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by atous528, May 11, 2009.

1. atous528

atous528 New Egg

May 11, 2009
    I cant find any stores in woodland hills that sell chicks, and i dont want to get them off line, because all the sites only sell as little as 10 or 15, and i want just three
    any suggestions?

2. Becky_H

Becky_H Chillin' With My Peeps

You need to check your state regulations, too. There are some states where you have to buy at least six.

That said, Tractor Supply Company, Southern States, and similar places (Farm supply stores) are probably your best bet.

3. ZepChick

ZepChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    where is woodland hills? most garden/feed stores sell baby chicks this time of year

4. PulletSurprise

PulletSurprise Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Salem OR
    Craigslist is another great place to find eggs, chicks, hens or roosters locally. Good luck on your mission. [​IMG]

5. 562Jen

562Jen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    You should definitely check your local feed stores - I have had good luck with my mine (Blacksmiths Corner in Bellflower). I know someone who traveled from Sherman Oaks to Temecula for chicks, only to discover later they were available in her neighborhood! (Sorry, don't know where that was.) This place is not too close to Woodland Hills and I haven't tried it, but I heard it recommended on the radio (on Good Food on KCRW) a while back:

Wes's Pets and Feed
    4424 N. Peck Rd.
    El Monte, 91732
    (626) 442-0781

P.S. My reply assumes Woodland Hills means Woodland Hills, CA...

6. cherokeechicken

cherokeechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    anchorage,alaska
    you can buy 3 chicks at my pet chicken online

7. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

I have read a few other folks around BYC like this place, not far from Woodland Hills, CA, to get chickens:

Malibu Feed Bin‎
    3931 Topanga Canyon Blvd,
    Malibu, CA‎
    (310) 456-2043‎

I am near 562Jen and go to Blacksmiths Corner as well. I also use Midway City Feed for supplies. Both places regularly have chicks.

Last edited: May 13, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by