Finding turkeys for sale in PA

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Bantam Bodon, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Bantam Bodon

Bantam Bodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Osceola Mills PA
    I was wondering where i could buy some turkeys. I suppose they could be babies but full grown would be even better. Im in central PA and can drive a pretty far way to get them so that's not a big problem. Does any one have any for sale or know where i can get any? Any help would be appreciated! thanks!

2. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    What kind of turkeys are you looking for? What age, sex, number?
    I have Bourbon Reds available. I am near the Lancaster/Reading area. PM me if interested.

3. Bantam Bodon

Bantam Bodon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Osceola Mills PA
    Im looking for three, two males and a female and i live in the central part of the state, Williamsport area. Im willing to drive several hours but i think Lancaster is a bit far for me. Any kind is fine.

4. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, it might be stressful on the turkeys to drive that far.

5. bumblebeehillschickenfarm

bumblebeehillschickenfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    maryland
    How much are you asking for your bourbon reds poults i would be interested in 3

6. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I have 7 toms and 1 hen that are nearly full-grown (4.5 months old) that were raised free-range on pasture (never given antibiotics or medicated feed). $25 for males and $35 for the female. PM if you'd like to get any.

7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:How come when I was looking for a tom no one had extras, now 7 available. [​IMG]

8. chickenannie

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Marlin, You can have some too, if you want. These were born this spring and for some reason I have many toms! I'll post some pics I took a few weeks ago. Also, I have a friend who I helped get started with a pair, and she will sell them too. I'll ask if she has any more females.

(I was short a tom this spring too, but I found one then, and he's the daddy of these).

9. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:Thanks I found mine but searched seemed like forever to find someone with a Tom, I hatched a bunch this spring, so I am good for now. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by