Fingers crossed!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by resthavenfarms, Jul 1, 2010.

1. resthavenfarms

resthavenfarms Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2010
    SW Virginia
    Went into lockdown today with a mixed batch of 40 some eggs, Dominiques and cochins. Hoping some of my Dominiques hatch, haven't had good luck with them this year.

In my other incubator I have a single modern game bantam egg and two duck eggs that are hanging out, they're supposed to hatch at the same time. I ordered some MGB eggs and the post office was incredibly hard on them, and only two even started to grow and one died around day 4 or so [​IMG] This one looks spry in there, so please keep your fingers *and toes* crossed for him because I really want him to come out! [​IMG]

2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    [​IMG] everything crossed for you. Good luck [​IMG] [​IMG]:hugs

3. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Good luck! Fingers and toes crossed!

4. resthavenfarms

Jun 8, 2010
    SW Virginia
    No rocking or peeping yet! They're due in the morning. Last candling all looked good except one that was questionable and I left it in there. Here's hoping.

5. resthavenfarms

Jun 8, 2010
    SW Virginia
    Peeping, but no real action yet. Looks like hatchers may be a day or so late. Hmm...and my temp appeared to run a little high, not low.

6. resthavenfarms

Jun 8, 2010
    SW Virginia
    Two babies! Look like Dominiques, too [​IMG]

7. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Congratulations on your new babies [​IMG]

8. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Congratulations! [​IMG]

9. resthavenfarms

Jun 8, 2010
    SW Virginia
    Still only the two [​IMG] I had good temp (I thought a touch high at 100.3 or so) and humidity the whole time. A couple have pips but not sure if they're still alive or not. *sigh*.This is the second bunch I've set from the same group of chickens, and I've not had good luck either time. I had 100% hatch rate on a couple of other bunches, and one 80%....these eggs, not so much. Don't know if it's me or the chickens!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by