Finished Coop Photos!! Automatic Door, Window & Rodent Proofed

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by NySerama, Dec 17, 2009.

1. NySerama

NySerama Out Of The Brooder

Dec 17, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Hey Everyone, Just a few pictures of my finished coop. Its got an automatic door from foys, Custom built feeder and a New Window.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  2. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Awesome!! It looks absolutely great! Looks like you're a night owl like I am. LOL

Laurie

3. NySerama

Dec 17, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Quote:Thanks, Yea a pm farmer haha

4. sewingca

sewingca Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hi, girls, what lucky fowl! That's a beautiful house. [​IMG] Caroline

5. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    [​IMG]

What I see looks really good. In time that shelf by the window will become a poop plank. If it is meant for the chooks. then a roost pole/2x2/2x4 would be best to avoid a stinky mess for them to walk around and track around in. Use poop planks under your roosts to make your litter last longer. Would like to see more. Pop door looks really slick. I did dual pop doors with same style guillotine closers but overhead cable & pulley, manually operated.

Are they going to free-range or have a run? [​IMG]

6. NySerama

Dec 17, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Quote:Thanks alout, I was thinking the same thing about the shelf getting dirty, But its easy enouf to clean. They have a Huge fenced in yard next to the coop to free range in, But have to stay inside for the winter because of the hawks

7. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quote:Wow! That looks pretty awesome! The auto. doors are great, aren't they!?! I agree with this post regarding the shelf. I would suggest you lower the shelf a bit and just use it as a dropping board, but put a roost several inches above it, where the shelf now sits. You could just do a roost right on shelf brackets like you're using now. That way it's still easy to clean, but the birds won't be walking around in the poop... It looks so roomy!!! Your chickens (and ducks) must love it!!!

8. NySerama

Dec 17, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Quote:Wow! That looks pretty awesome! The auto. doors are great, aren't they!?! I agree with this post regarding the shelf. I would suggest you lower the shelf a bit and just use it as a dropping board, but put a roost several inches above it, where the shelf now sits. You could just do a roost right on shelf brackets like you're using now. That way it's still easy to clean, but the birds won't be walking around in the poop... It looks so roomy!!! Your chickens (and ducks) must love it!!!

Yea thats what ill wind up doing, Thx so much!!

9. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

The coop looks wonderful I was wondering about the door with the large mesh. For rodent exclusion have you thought about covering that with 1/2" hardware cloth? Or is there glass on that door and the wire protects the birds?

There's always something. I thought our coop was finished in May of 2008, but no, we keep modifying...heh.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  10. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Awesome coop, love the feeder!

Welcome from a fellow NYer!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by