Finished Hatching

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MyNameIs86, Mar 17, 2013.

1. MyNameIs86

MyNameIs86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    New Jersey
    So I finally have a final count on hatched eggs:

I have 9 birds. I had 10 but one was deformed which I posted a picture on here :

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/755083/i-have-a-casuality

(If anybody know what that is would be appreciated)

I have 7 in the brooder box, and 2 left in the incubator since 1 is still a bit wet and small so I left a friend in their with him. I will be adding them later today.

Here's a pic. I think i have 4 RIR and the rest Leghorns since 4 are golden brown instead of just plain yellow but i Could be wrong about the breeds:

[​IMG]

I am on my way to CVS to buy newspapers (my brother got engaged so they put it in the paper). I am also getting hand warmers to put under the fleece to make it warmer since the light is not really helping. I have a small heater that I have had on but it just made the side of the box hot so I hold it up to put in warm air. I also have the top on the other side and have 2 boxes of food and 1 water with rocks in it so i don't have any suicidal chicks. lol.

I also have a heating pad under the cage itself but i don't think its helping. i might change out the pine wood and just put dog pee pee pads in.

2. gimmie birdies

gimmie birdies Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2013
    Eastern WA
    cute birds they almost look like New Hampshire reds I like leghorns good egglayers! congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by