This is my 3rd poultry coop. I would have to say that this one was the easiest and went the quickest. The wood on the siding is 140 year old barn wood from a barn down the street. Most of the nails in it were square. Surprisingly when I was sawing it, I found that the wood was in excellent shape. It had that fresh wood shavings smell. I'm sure the wood came from around here, as well. The roof is hinged. The door and the roof have padlocks on them (stupid raccoons). The door is a bright purple cabinet door. The floor of the hut is hardware cloth. I put shavings on it for insulation, but I will switch to hay once I get some from the feed store. They are only 4 weeks old, so there is a light in there. They have been outside the past 4 days, playing (it's been in the 60's). They have seemed perfectly comfortable, no huddling. I did notice that their feathers started coming in much faster after they started going outside. You can see their little pond right behind it, all in the veggie garden. I rigged a spigot on the pond to be able to use the pond water to fertilize my veggies. Not the leafy greens, mind, just at the base of the tomatoes, etc. The whole garden is on a slope. If you look carefully at the pond, you can see my rinky dinky branch railing on the side. There is a big drop off behind it (well, only around 4 feet, but high enough). The first time I tossed them in it they got freaked out by a crow and flopped over the edge. Oh, and their little pet bantam chick jumped in the pond. It was a mess. Fortunately, they were fine. Sand surrounds the pond and there are some cinder block steps up to it. They haven't figured out how to get up yet, even when I tried luring them to peek over the edge with strategically placed peas. The best part is that the little stink bomb ducklings are out of my garage at last. It's around 4 foot by 5 foot.