Finished my first attempt at wool rug hooking! Pics of course...

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Chick named Lola, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Chick named Lola

Chick named Lola Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    [​IMG][​IMG]

They look funny around the edges because I folded the fabric under for the pic. Now they look silly...oh well you get the idea anyway. It was very easy and fun to do. I have a pillow kit on the way and expect it any day now. It's addicting...every day I look on my porch for that brown box of fun to arrive. Every day.

2. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Those are very nice! Of course the chicken in my fav. Were these kits that you ordered?

3. Chick named Lola

Chick named Lola Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    Yes they even came with the tool and all the strips you need. All I needed to buy was a needle point circle thingy. These are only like 6x6 and 6x8 so I'm not sure what to do with them. I am waiting for the new full pillow kit to come in the mail with the frame to hold it while I work. So excited to get that new toy!

4. BonneTerreChick

BonneTerreChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Lovely work! I have done this with yarn instead of wool strips. Its amazing the difference that can make. Mine were a bit larger. After I made them I wasnt sure what to do with them either. My mom was by not too long ago( I had made them a few years ago) and she said that they should be pillows, so she took them back home with her. LOL, wonder if she will get them made into pillows any faster than I decided what to do with them?

5. eggchel

eggchel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Dec 26, 2006
    Both Coasts
    Nice job!
    Ive never tried to do wool rug hooking.

Chel

6. m.kitchengirl

m.kitchengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Maine
    GORGEOUS! So jealous. I need to get my project queque whittled down so I can learn, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by