1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Finished the baby quilt for my nephew (pics!)!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChevygirlBeth, Oct 6, 2008.

1. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

I finally finished my baby quilt for my sister's little baby boy last week. It took me about a month and a half to complete (around work and farming). It was machine pieced and hand quilted. I know it's not perfect (it's only my 3rd quilt so far), but I had a lot of fun working on this quilt! I now feel kind of lost not carrying it around with me so I could work on it any time I was sitting still!
    [​IMG]
    Here's a close up of the barnyard fabric... it has chickens on it!
    [​IMG]

Oh and here's a picture of the recipient, my little nephew, Lane. Isn't he absolutely adorable?
    [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    What a lucky kid.

You've got talent young lady.

3. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    The quilt is beautiful. I wish I could do that...I've been wanting to learn, but never enough time.

And, your nephew is adorable!!

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    The quilt is fantastic! [​IMG] I made one similar for my cousin's first born.

Adorable baby [​IMG]

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Awesome! Feels great to finish a quilt, doesnt it?

6. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Wow, that is really very nice!! I have never tried hand quilting, is it very hard and do you follow a pattern or just freehand it? Amazing job!!![​IMG] Your nephew is such a cutie pie! My nephew is also named Lane.

7. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Very, very nice!!! Adorable nephew also!!!

8. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks everyone!! [​IMG] Oh and I forgot to mention... Lane is 2 months old today! I am in love with that little guy... and so is DH (now he thinks we need one of our own!! I'm trying to convince him to wait a little while, we've only been married a little over 3 months!)

Quote:Yes it does... but it also feels empty! I get attached to them! I guess that means it is time to start on the next project. [​IMG]

Quote:I don't find it hard to do (although I do beat up my fingers because I often forget to use my thimble). I didn't have a pattern... I kind of make things up as I go. I use a fabric marker or pencil to hand draw whatever I want to quilt. On this one I made cursive L's in the large squares and barns and fences around the border. I got more creative with this one than the others I have made. Your nephew is a named Lane, too! How neat is that? How old is he?

9. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:I think I might be able to do that, key word is think, lol! My nephew is 9 monthsold and a cutie as well!

10. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful girl ! I wish my hands would let me quilt...I would love to be able to for my grandbabies, I am getting 3 granddaughters all within 5 months this year ! Good work !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by