Finished the Coop, aka, Pullet Paradise!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by shellie003, Jun 1, 2010.

1. shellie003

shellie003 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    NE WI
    We finally have it finished. We have had the girls out in the coop/run for just a little over a week. Let me know what you think. So far so good. They are going up at night around 8:30 pm and we close the doors to the coop. They we let them out and everyone comes down and enjoys the day.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    front of the coop inside the run. Big door is for me! I need to get in there and clean.

[​IMG]
    inside of the coop

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  2. Chicken Chat

Chicken Chat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    That is an awesome looking coop. Lucky chickens. [​IMG]

3. LivinNewDreamInND

LivinNewDreamInND Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2010
    It is very pretty! I like the height of the run, it looks like people will be comfortable in there too! I bet your girls love it.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

REALLY nice! I bet you spend some time inside that run with the chicks; have you considered placing a plastic chair (like one gets at WalMart) in there? Or are you utilizing the upturned bucket for a seat? [​IMG]

5. shellie003

shellie003 Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    NE WI
    We do sit in there with them. They are actually flying up right on our laps as of lately. I try and limit to 2 of us in there. I don't want the kids to step on anyone. Those are tree stumps and we use them to sit on. The chicks use them too. We also keep a lock on the door so no one can go in without a key. We don't want the kids to go in without permission they are only 9,8 and 4 so they could easily let them out without warning. Also since we have 2 Golden Retrievers that are trained bird hunters the ladies wouldn't stand a chance. [​IMG] That wouldn't be good. What do you think of the laying boxes? They haven't even really done too much exploring in them but they are still young. I hope they work. I have access from the outside when they start laying eggs which will be nice. Hubby did the construction and did a great job. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by