finished the coop and pen today ducklings' first night in it.

Ducky-MOMO

In the Brooder
May 7, 2015
Northern NY
first night for the ducklings in their pen, worried about how will they do can you guys check it out tell me what is missing or is it good enough. do the ducklings need a light in the coop at night ?

Depends on the ducklings - the light, I mean. Einzie was terrified of the dark till she was four years old, so I had those nice solar powered rope lights at one end of their shelter, then when we moved them into the walkout basement, I had a night light for them.

I see orange plastic across the top. Raccoons can rip through that. Are they going to be in the structure, that is raccoon-proof?

Depends on the ducklings - the light, I mean.  Einzie was terrified of the dark till she was four years old, so I had those nice solar powered rope lights at one end of their shelter, then when we moved them into the walkout basement, I had a night light for them.

I see orange plastic across the top.  Raccoons can rip through that.  Are they going to be in the structure, that is raccoon-proof?

at night they will be inside the shed where you see me in the picture spreading the bedding. I have rocks and chicken wire all around, the orange stuff is for eagles hawks, even if the coon gets in the pen it will be hard to get into the coop. I hope!! Stressing out i hope they will be ok, i will try to get the a night light tomorrow..

Back
Top Bottom