Finished the Coop :)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Bleenie, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I turned the old shed into a coop for the chickens(but it's shared with the ducks right now) & tore down one of the old runs and attached a 10ft x 30ft run to the 'new' coop. I tried to repurpose as much as possible, all I spent on it was $40 for 2x4's that i needed for the run. I am pretty happy with it [​IMG]

We built a new set of nest boxes too but the girls hate them and only wanna lay in the duck boxes so I am building a few more duck boxes today for the chickens. [​IMG] (also recycled wood).

Not the best photo but everyone seems to approve!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TigerLilly

TigerLilly I failed Chicken Math

Jul 18, 2010
    Central Florida
    I love it!

3. Patricia Jane

Patricia Jane Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    Petaluma CA
    It's great. That's what I call a score. Didn't have to spend much to get great coop and run. They all do look happy. Could they be spoiled?

4. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    How do people get so lucky!! That's a super coop and run. I have a hard enough time just finding a spot that's relatively flat. Looks great!! [​IMG]

5. jmtcmkb

jmtcmkb Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Looks Awesome!

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

The main reason I moved the coop was because the old coop was on a slope and the building was starting to sink on one side... was a bit scary going in to collect eggs! I am pretty sure the run framing was the only thing holding up the old coop, lol.

Quote:

7. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] looks great

8. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    You all did a great job. I love the long run.

9. wava1vaughn

wava1vaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2011
    Cairo Ga.
    Hi from Ga. [​IMG]

10. wannalive

wannalive Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2011
    tamms/elco Illinoiis
    seems to me that the bottom half of the run being fence like that is a great idea... block cold wind. and should realy predator proof it alot... i love it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by