Finishing Up! Need suggestions.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Stormhorse23, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    I finally got my chicken 'thing' done![​IMG] I'm just starting so you guys will probably get sick of hearing me ramble about some obvious thing that just any person should know cause ya know they're.......[​IMG] lol. So heres my situation, I finished my 6' by 4'9" pen and am looking into getting a few more occupants. I have two little bantams right now. one is going to a new home. I really like the Brahma Bantams. Could two brahma bantams and a sebright mix be ok in there? Would the Brahmas bother the sebright??? I have 5 standard brahma chicks that are going to live down at the chicken pen/shed at the barn and they dominate my Barred rock babies (same age). Are the bantams this agressive? I've absolutely fallen in love with Brahmas and want a few to be 'pets' up near the house.

2. doghamstyluv95

doghamstyluv95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    I have a Dark Brahma bantam named Lilly. She is just too sweet, Lilly doesnt pick on anyone except one of my Australorps. But the problem is that she is so sweet that she doesnt stand up for herself and some of my others pick on her. [​IMG] She defientely would rather be with us then her chick friends.

3. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Is the amount of space ok for the bird I want? What is the maximam?

4. doghamstyluv95

doghamstyluv95 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    i think it should be ok [​IMG] If i read right, its supposed to be 1/2 a square foot per bantam and 1 square foot per standard chicken.

5. Rafter 7 Paint Horses

Rafter 7 Paint Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    East Texas
    I believe the minimum square footage for standards is: 4 sq. ft. in the coop & 10 sq. ft. of run space.

I don't know the square footage for bantams, it would be less, but then you couldn't have as many...LOL

Jean

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by