Finnally a Duckling owner :)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by monarc23, Apr 3, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I think they are rouens. I had to buy 6, but I'm going to be rehoming 4 of them. Heres one of the cuties I am keeping:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I think they are Rouens too

VERY cute!!

[​IMG]

In just a few weeks, they will look like this...

[​IMG]
    (That's Bungie on the left [​IMG] )

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Aw Niki they are to cute! [​IMG]

Congrats you mama duck you! Lol [​IMG]

4. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:yeah i was reading how fast they grow i was like [​IMG] LOL! But I'm glad I got them when I did, because soon it'll be warm enoughthey can enjoy outdoor weather during the day and just be in at night or when it's chilly, they have a baby pool thtey can start out in when they get a lil older and then 2 streams, not to mention swampy areas im sure they will love to make a mess in. Bungie that's an adorable name! I gotta think of one for my green banded cutie I'm deffinatly keeping.

I have duckie eggs coming sometime next week from backswampgirl (yay) they are rouen coyuga (sp?) cross, so I think i'll keep two of these here now, and hopefully I get atleast 2 sucessful chickies from that hatch (i always expect for a low hatch so i dont get disapointed hahhaa). Anywhoo...then i'll have my first duckie flock. [​IMG]

5. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:hehe thanks Mark, they are so darned cute AND are actually starting to shush up some i thikn they were just scared [​IMG] wishful thinking im sure though they'lll prob start crying when I go to sleep or something hahaa

6. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    I don't want to burst your bubble...but I think all TSC's in PA get their chicks from Mt.Healthy Hatchery....and if that is the case...you have some Mallards....best way to figure it out would be to ask your TSC where they get their birds from.
    Either way they are beautiful! I have my ducklings hatching this week!
    [​IMG]

7. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I got mine from TSC last year and they were just mallards. I don't know but whatever they are they are super cute. Mine is getting ducklings in tomorrow so I am going to stop by after work, much to the hubby's dismay!!!

8. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    I am the same as you I only want 3 but have to buy 6 last year they didn't have a limit. I think I will get a couple pekins for meat.

9. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    Awesome! I have 2 pekin and expecting up to 6 Cayuga/Call Duck mixes to hatch soon!

Oh andmake sure you cut off those bands before they hurt they're little legs...they grow so fast...[​IMG] (Pulls self together) It's always fun with ducklings besides the mess!

10. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:Kewl! I don't mind if they are mallards believe me they didnt know anything about them there at tsc. LOL. They didnt even know the prices on them I almost got all 6 for 4.95 instead of each! LOL! They just got them in today and all the sign said was "straight run" and the price and the minimum amount that i could buy which was 6. lol.

Now, if they ARE mallards, does that mean i need a permit for them OR is that only wild caught ones?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by