Finnally I'll b getting a coturnix egg from 1 of my girls! Egg is here

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
I've been feeling near the back of my hens tummy for the past few days now wondering whenI was going to start feeling an egg forming. Last night when I felt her I *thought* I felt something solid but I wasnt sure. I felt her again today and FOR SURE theres an egg in her pelvic area almost ready to come out! I assume she'll lay it this late evening. I AM ESTATIC!!! I hope the others start soon!
fl.gif

Will post a picture of my first pullet coturnix egg (this is my first egg from my own youngsters all my other eggs were from a breeder I got birds from who were already laying when I got them).
big_smile.png

It's from Big Berthas daughter, and the sire *im hatching the egg* is Ike as he's the only one that sucessfully bred any of the hens. Enceno I put outside because he was driving hubby insane lol! So this will be a jumbo brown x tuxedo chick if it hatches!
big_smile.png

heres her eggie finnally! She layed it at 10 pm :

HUGE for being a pullet egg:
IMG_6006.jpg

her egg by a button quail egg:
IMG_6007.jpg

Yay Henny Penny!!!! Third generation on the way!

Last edited:
Congrats!

hopefully i will be getting an egg to soon from my hen since she just started letting the male mate with her last night

Quote:
that's great to hear! I bet so too!
fl.gif

No egg layed yet from my girl Henny Penny, but it's getting closer to her vent......I hope its' a pretty spotted one
big_smile.png

Just saw this - congrats!!!! That's a nice egg for her first one - might be a double-yolker. I get quite a few of those!!!!! Since I'm a few days late responding, have you gotten anymore?

We split up our flocks tonight. The flock in cage 1 started giving us 5 eggs
a day last week. Trouble is there were too many males. They were
getting violent. Now we have 8 hens and 2 roos in cage 1, 5 hens and
2 roos in cage 2, and 11 extra males in cage 3. They will make a nice
weekend meal.

We have another 25 or so in the brooder cage downstairs and a dish full
of new eggs. I'm tempted to throw them in a bator but we are overloaded
with quail and chicks right now.

They ARE so nasty, aren't they?? I have one cage with 9 hens and 2 males. They all almost killed the second male. I separated him for a while and when he was healed (they heal FAST) I put him back in. By the time I got home from work, he was almost dead. Separated him again and thinking he'll be dinner. I have another cage with 3 males and there's no problems. Poor guy...funny how some are ok and some aren't.

Yes you do! And I wanted to post an update on your thread but I can't find it!!! Would you believe I still have chicks hatching today? Up to 18 jumbos and 15 buttons with more buttons still hatching.

Back
Top Bottom