Finn's thread!! Puppy is GROWING!!!

Pics
Let your cat decide what to do and when to meet him. Don't force the issue!
Mary

^^^^This! Definitely this.^^^^

I had to have stitches when I was a kid from a cat that didn't want to meet a dog. No I wasn't trying to make them meet. Quite the opposite.
A lady came to the door and when my mom answered it her small dog ran in. My mom screamed "Get the cat!". I was closest. I got the cat, the cat got me and then I needed 15 stitches in the face.

Upset kitties can do amazing things in a very short time! And I'm glad you didn't loose an eye over that!
Mary

Me too! It is a lesson I have never forgotten.

Ok- I'd still like to put him away for a bit for Finn to settle, but I'll let him do his own thing afterwards.

Absolutely! Just let kitty decide when/if kitty wants to get to know the puppy.
Hands off and squirt bottle handy! Kitty claws and puppy eyes are a bad combo.
The squirt bottle will work on a nosey puppy too. ;)

Me too! It is a lesson I have never forgotten.

Absolutely! Just let kitty decide when/if kitty wants to get to know the puppy.
Hands off and squirt bottle handy! Kitty claws and puppy eyes are a bad combo.
The squirt bottle will work on a nosey puppy too. ;)
Last time he lived with a dog, some relatives brought their dog for a week (we loved that dog, a sweet old yellow lab) dog was laying down and the cat walked up and tapped him on the nose with a paw, and that was that! Hopefully this can resolve peacefully to.

My *very official* socialization program before he's cleared to go on walks and be near other dog poop and pee and stuff is get him tired out, have him go to the bathroom, then put him in a tote bag and carry him around the neighborhood so that he can get used to new sights and noises

Back
Top Bottom