Finn's thread!! Puppy is GROWING!!!

Pics
costume quest wtf GIF by Cartoon Hangover
Can I kidnap him please?

He’s sleeping on a dog bed with a leash clipped to his collar so that he can’t wander too far. He’s literally just sleeping- we clip the leash to his collar and he just sleeps all night. We have a crate and are working on crate training, but it’s in a different room and it’s so difficult to move, and we want him to see that room as his main room.
Didn’t he slip his collar though? I’m sure it’s fine temporarily but I just worry he could slip it again or eat the leash and get loose and eat something. Could you maybe get a second crate or something? It should be small at first anyway.

No idea, but I don’t know why they’d say he’s younger than he is. He’s going to the vet today, so I’m sure the vet will say something if he thinks that the age is off.
No idea, but I don’t know why they’d say he’s younger than he is. He’s going to the vet today, so I’m sure the vet will say something if he thinks that the age is off.
Most people think younger puppies are cuter so that could be why hah but I’m sure he’s the right age. He does seem very big though

It's best to start any new dog as you mean to go on, for the next fifteen years. That crate would be best in the bedroom where he's going to be sleeping, so he's used to it from the start, even if it means two crates for a while.

I assumed their goal was to have him sleep on a dog bed, not confined at all, when he is mature. So tethering him with a leash now would be helping him develop the right habit--sleep there, without wandering off around the house.

And of course, because he is right beside the bed in the room with the adults, and they are listening in case he needs to go out for a bathroom break, they should also hear if he has a problem (like getting tangled in his leash, or chewing the leg of the bed).

Back
Top Bottom