Finn's thread!! Puppy is GROWING!!!

Pics
Having him crate trained is useful for his lifetime, and that crate should be a safe, pleasant place, including at bed time. Many puppies can't have the freedom of the house for a year or two, and for some dogs, never, when there's nobody at home.
And it's easy for most dogs to get out of a harness!
A properly fitted collar can't be removed by the dog...
He's really cute, and handsome, and being so very good!
Mary

Last edited:
I assumed their goal was to have him sleep on a dog bed, not confined at all, when he is mature. So tethering him with a leash now would be helping him develop the right habit--sleep there, without wandering off around the house.
Yep! That's how we'd like him to sleep as an adult. To get him used to being on his own for sleeping, once we know he can sleep the night without issue, he'll move to the crate, and when he can be trusted out of the crate, he'll have his own bed.
And of course, because he is right beside the bed in the room with the adults, and they are listening in case he needs to go out for a bathroom break, they should also hear if he has a problem (like getting tangled in his leash, or chewing the leg of the bed).
Exactly!!

Are you going to take care of Finn(clean up his messes and potty training) or will your parents want to do those?
He hasn't had any accidents inside because we've been vigilant about taking him out at common bathroom times (after meals and naps, as well as right before bed and first thing in the morning) and watching him well (when he's sniffing stuff that isn't new and isn't focused on the game, it's time to go out!). He's not MY puppy specifically, but I am going to be assuming part of the responsibility for him (it's understood that I'll help with walks, training, and playing), so it's not officially my job to take care of him, but I"m happy to do it. (even cleaning up his messes!)

Having him crate trained is useful for his lifetime, and that crate should be a safe, pleasant place, including at bed time. Many puppies can't have the freedom of the house for a year or two, and for some dogs, never, when there's nobody at home.
Agreed!!! I worked on the crate with him yesterday and he's super good at it, and we're going to feed a couple of meals in it to build up a positive association. He will never go in the crate as a punishment, and he'll be sleeping in the crate once we know he can stay the night without issue.
And it's easy for most dogs to get our of a harness!
Fo walks it gives more control of him without putting pressure directly on his neck, and it also has a helpful handle on the back for if he needs to be grabbed.
A properly fotted collar can't be removed by the dog...
The one he has is one of the smallest at the pet store adjusted to its smallest setting, but it's still loose 😅 He'll grow into it soon, though.
He's really cute, and handsome, and being so very good!
Mary
Yes he is!

SHOw ME THE DUMMY!

Where is he?
ADSC_0613.JPG

ADSC_0632.JPG

ADSC_0625.JPG

BDSC_0626.JPG

Back
Top Bottom