Finn's thread!! Puppy is GROWING!!!

Pics
We are! Unfortunately, he's about to start teething, which will NOT be fun. We've ordered some new chew toys and have accepted the reality that whoever is charged with watching him needs to carry around both a hard chew toy and a stuffie toy to replace whatever he chews on

Lol thats the worst. I met a GSD in the petstore and I asked to pet it, and the owner said, sure! but he's teething! I said I don't mind, expecting a few sneaky chews, but no! the dog had my arm in its mouth the whole time I was petting him and talking to his owners 🤣

We are! Unfortunately, he's about to start teething, which will NOT be fun. We've ordered some new chew toys and have accepted the reality that whoever is charged with watching him needs to carry around both a hard chew toy and a stuffie toy to replace whatever he chews on
Lol thats the worst. I met a GSD in the petstore and I asked to pet it, and the owner said, sure! but he's teething! I said I don't mind, expecting a few sneaky chews, but no! the dog had my arm in its mouth the whole time I was petting him and talking to his owners 🤣
Wow! That's odd, when my dogs were at the teething stage, I couldn't even notice a difference!:D

Finn's current issue is chewing on his bed (technically a crate pad but it's shaped like a bed and would be a bed if we took it out of his crate) and we had to take it away from him because it's not ours (being borrowed with the crate from friends, we have a larger crate for when he grows but wanted to start with the small one). We've tried interrupting the behavior with a firm 'No!' and replacing it with his hedgehog squeaky stuffie, but to no avail. Should we add a bop on the nose or bad idea? What to do? He now has to sleep in the crate with no bed, which is unfortunate but necessary.

Bully sticks are amazing! And hooves LOL

Finn's current issue is chewing on his bed (technically a crate pad but it's shaped like a bed and would be a bed if we took it out of his crate) and we had to take it away from him because it's not ours (being borrowed with the crate from friends, we have a larger crate for when he grows but wanted to start with the small one). We've tried interrupting the behavior with a firm 'No!' and replacing it with his hedgehog squeaky stuffie, but to no avail. Should we add a bop on the nose or bad idea? What to do? He now has to sleep in the crate with no bed, which is unfortunate but necessary.
Just keep it away from him. He will continue to chew on it until he's older. Especially when he's bored and nobody is watching :)

Back
Top Bottom